Effective Date: January 15, 2022
Established in 2013, PUBLICA INSTITUTE JAKARTA, under the auspices of the Publica Institute (LPI) based in Jakarta, is committed to providing quality books/references for education and the general public. This commitment is continuously maintained and realized through various mutually beneficial collaborations between publishers, writers, and the reading community. Along with the development of time and increasingly wide competition in publishing, Publica Institute Jakarta has been transformed into part of PT Publica Indonesia Utama (PIU) starting from January 2021.
Then, starting in January 2022, Publica Indonesia Utama collaborated with PT. Ascarya Solutions Allianz.
PT. Ascarya Solution Allianz has been registered as a legal entity and is registered in the database of the Directorate General of General Legal Administration of the Ministry of Law and Human Rights of the Republic of Indonesia with Certificate Number: AHU-006761.AH.01.30.Tahun 2021. This service is a trusted name in writing services for the global research community.
Using the name Publica Books and the domain publicabooks.ascarya.or.id, the two organizations collaborated to develop an online book publishing system using the Open Monograph Press.
With the vision of "Connecting Publisher & Researcher", we ensure that our writers receive only the best quality results and a superior user experience every time. This unrelenting focus on the needs of these writers means we never compromise on our quality systems and processes at any cost. Ascarya actively promotes all ethical publishing principles and encourages its authors by offering resources, services and support, educational, relevant and appropriate.
We take your privacy very seriously. This Privacy Notice sets out your rights and answers any questions you may have about your data. If you need more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have signed a contract with us, we will control your data as set out in the contract.
Our information handling policies and procedures have been developed according to the EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (Directive 95/46/EC) requirements and the General Data Protection Regulation (effective May 25 2018), and applicable national law.
What information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you interact with us and our products and purchase services from us. The personal data we process includes the following.
Information collected from you
- Contact information, such as name, email address, mailing address, geographic location, and other demographic information
- billing, such as credit card numbers, bank account numbers, and billing addresses
- Unique identifiers, such as usernames, account numbers or passwords
- Information is shared through surveys and polls conducted by PUBLICA BOOKS.
- Media files or documents
- Correspondence between you and PUBLICA BOOKS
- Information you choose to provide to us as part of your user profile.
- Reference information, such as referral name and email address
- Information you choose to provide for us at PUBLICA BOOKS-hosted events, such as webinars and workshops.
- Testimonials that may contain your Personal Data, such as names and photos, to which you have consented.
We will use Personal Data, including but not limited to, to
- Sending you the Services, products, or information you request
- Send you communications from the Services, where you have given consent.
- Assess a set of service-related terms to determine or suggest the appropriate Services
- Send you requested information about the Service
- Respond to customer service requests, questions, complaints, and concerns
- Manage Your Account
- Conduct scientific research and statistical analysis
- Send you promotional and marketing communications, where you have given consent. You can stop receiving our promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each email we send.
- Verify your identity if needed.
The automatically collected information (after this referred to as Usage Data)
- electronic identification, such as IP addresses, cookies, device models
- Browsing activities, such as your visit to our website, your operating system, browser type, internet service provider (ISP)
- Analytics data, such as clicks and scrolls, referral and exit pages, and information about how you interact with our website.
We will use Usage Data, including but not limited to,
- Assessing needs and/or suggesting appropriate Services
- Sending you the information you requested about the serviceService
- Manage websites, applications, and/or Services
- User authentication for security purposes
- Improve, improve, support, and operate a website
- Compile statistical reports and record insights into usage patterns
- Develop new products and services
- Conduct scientific research and statistical analysis
Information from our blogs and public newsletters (as well as Usage Data)
- When you visit our publicly accessible blog or subscribe to our newsletter, we may collect the following information.
- Contact information, such as name, email address, or phone number
- When you actively subscribe to our newsletters, we collect your email address to share our newsletters with you.
We will use such Usage Data, including without limitation, to
- Send you promotional and marketing communications, in which you have given consent.
- Respond to questions and concerns
- You send you notifications about new content.
Information from PUBLICA BOOKS (also Usage Data)
When you apply for a job at PUBLICA BOOKS by filling out a job application form, we may collect the following information.
- Contact information, such as name, email address, mailing address, phone number, link to your social network profile
- Other information contained in the resume you submitted to us
We will use this data to
- Evaluate you for the position you are applying for
- Respond to your questions and concerns
What is the information we collect?
We do not sell, rent or share your data obtained through the channels mentioned in WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT? with other companies or organizations for commercial purposes. Your Personal Data may be shared in the following cases or when we have your explicit consent.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- To protect the business interests and legal rights of PUBLICA BOOKS, including but not limited to, uses related to legal claims, compliance, regulations, and investigative purposes;
- To comply with governance and quality standards;
- With your consent, to respond to any comments or complaints we receive from you and/or to investigate any complaints received from you or others about our website, products or services;
- To personalize (i) our communications to you; (ii) our website; and (iii) products or services for you;
- To monitor the use of our online websites and services, we may use your information to help us check, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, both online and offline;
- If you provide a credit or debit card, we may also use a third party (such as a POS payment provider) to check the validity of the sorting code, account number, and card number you submit to prevent fraud under our legitimacy. Interests and interests of third parties;
- We may monitor any customer account to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crimes, under applicable law and our legitimate interests;
- In circumstances where you contact us by telephone, calls may be recorded for quality, training and security purposes;
- We may use your information to invite you to participate in market research or surveys;
- We may communicate with anyone you refer to us, where we will seek their explicit consent;
- We may also send direct marketing related to relevant products and services to you. Electronic direct marketing will only be delivered if you have given consent to receive it, or (if permitted) you have been given the opportunity to opt-out. You will continue to opt-out of electronic direct marketing at any time by following instructions in relevant communications.
Who Will, We Share Your Personal Data?
We may provide your data with our group companies to process it for administrative purposes between groups and deliver products or services.
We may also share your data with the third parties mentioned below:
- Our professional advisors, such as our auditors and external legal and financial advisors;
- Marketing and communications agencies where they have agreed to process your data under this Privacy Notice;
- Market research companies;
- Our suppliers, business partners and subcontractors; and/or
- Search engines and web analytics.
- Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if necessary for the above purposes, if mandated by law or if necessary for the legal protection of our legitimate interests under applicable law.
Personal data may also be shared with third-party service providers who will process it on behalf of PUBLICA BOOKS for the purposes mentioned above. Such third parties include but are not limited to website hosting providers, maintenance, call centre operations, and identity checks.
If our business or any part of it is sold or merged with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisors and all prospective buyers and forwarded to the new owner of that business.
For How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Data?
We will retain your personal information for longer than necessary and will only retain the necessary personal information. This term is because, by law, your personal information is necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, and/or enforce our terms and conditions.
Where you are a customer, we will retain your personal information during any contractual relationship you have with us and after that for as long as it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms. And conditions.
If you are a potential customer and you have expressly consented to us contacting you, we will only retain your data (a) until you unsubscribe from our communications; or (b) if you have not unsubscribed.
If you have contacted our customer service team, we will retain those details for as long as necessary to resolve your inquiries.
Where Do We Store Your Data?
The personal data we collect from you may be transferred to and stored on servers belonging to PUBLICA BOOKS and third-party servers. Personal data may also be processed by staff operating outside the above locations, who work for us or one of our suppliers, in which case, third-country data protection laws have been approved as appropriate by the European Commission or other safeguards in place have been put in place. You can get more information by emailing us at email@example.com.
What are your rights related to your data?
- You have the right to ask us not to process your data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, clicking the unsubscribe button on any communications we send you, or by contacting us.
- If you have consented to us using your data, you may withdraw that consent at any time.
- If the information we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us and ask us to correct or add to it.
- With some exceptions and qualifications, you also have the right to have us provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you.
- If you have provided your data to us and processed it by automated means, you may have us provide it to you in a machine-readable structured format.
- If you have a complaint about how we handle your data, you may ask us to limit the way we use your data while your complaint is resolved.
- In some circumstances, you may ask us to delete your data (a) by withdrawing your consent for us to use it; (b) if we no longer need to use your data; (c) if you object to the use of your data and we have no compelling reason to continue using it, or (d) if we have not handled your data under our obligations.
We take the security of your information very seriously. We are cautious in developing processes and using technology to protect against any current and future security threats in this area.
PUBLICA BOOKS is committed to protecting the security of your information and adopting reasonable standards, industry-wide practices to protect your information. However, no internet data transmission is 100% secure, and therefore we cannot be sure that the information you send us will not be intercepted over the internet. We advise you to practice online security measures such as having a strong password and not disclosing your password to anyone.
If PUBLICA BOOKS becomes aware of a breach in the security system, we may try to notify you and provide information about protective measures, if available, through the email address you provide to us or by posting a notice on the Site.
We use 128-bit Public/Private key encryption for data and file transfers and hold high-assurance SSL Certificates—security certificates received worldwide and the highest measures to prevent threats and plagiarism.
Confidentiality refers to restricting access and disclosure of information to authorized users and preventing access by or disclosure to unauthorized persons.
Data confidentiality includes data in storage, during processing, and in travel. PUBLICA BOOKS guarantees that your data will not be accessed or disclosed to unauthorized individuals, entities, or processes and will be protected from intentional or unintentional attempts to conduct an unauthorized reading of data.
Physical Access Control
Access is determined by the software, hardware, and living (human) devices that enforce it. PUBLICA BOOKS has a control system that restricts access to an organization's resources.
Confidentiality is also crucial for protection against malicious software (malware), spyware, spam, and phishing attacks. Publica Books servers are protected behind firewalls to prevent users from accessing them in addition to specially permitted protocols and methods. PUBLICA BOOKS also maintains a detection method that takes a suspicious activity that may signal disruption, tracks each transaction with the user's login details, and provides a timestamp for each event.
Children's Personal Data
PUBLICA BOOKS does not knowingly collect any Personal Data from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not submit any Personal Data through our website or services. We encourage parents and legal guardians to monitor their children's internet use and help enforce these notices by instructing their children to never provide Personal Data through our services or websites without their permission. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 18 has provided Personal Data to us through our website or services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will remove that information and terminate that child's account from our database.
Where Can I Find More Information About Publica Books Handling My Data?
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice about PUBLICA BOOKS processing your data or wish to exercise your rights, you can contact the PUBLICA BOOKS Privacy Team at email@example.com.